Phone: +91 11 45154022
Vineet Gupta is a qualified lawyer admitted to a State Bar Council in India (after pursuing B.Com. LL.B. (Hons.) from Gujarat National Law University) and a company secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and is also a member of International Bar Association. Prior to joining Indian Law Partners, Vineet has worked with one of the largest and oldest aviation law firms in India handling corporate advisory issues in diverse areas of law and has significant experience in Indian corporate and commercial laws, including in M&A, joint ventures, business alliances, cross border commercial transactions, establishing and servicing wholly owned subsidiaries for off shore India clients, private equity investments, and employment law.
In 2018-2019, Vineet was selected amongst 20 candidates from India by German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy to represent India for Indo-German Manager Training Programme conducted in Germany in March-April 2019.
INTERNATIONAL SECONDMENTS & TRAINING PROGRAMME:
- Indo-German Manager Training Programme (Germany) (2019) sponsored by German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and conducted in Germany in March-April 2019.
- Mori Hamada & Matsumoto (Tokyo) (2016) – Actively involved in several Indo-Japanese matters during this secondment.
- Ashurst LLP (London) (2014) – Worked in the corporate and transactional team in London, United Kingdom.
Vineet’s experience includes advising Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) in its equity investment in the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation (DMIC) (then the largest infrastructure project in the world worth more than US $ 100 billion); JBIC in its several other investments in India; KIA Motors Corporation (Korea) on its USD 2 billion greenfield automotive cluster in India; Hyundai Motor on its USD 300 million proposed investment in OLA Cabs and Ola Electric; Hyundai Motor on its investment in Revv, India’s leading self-driving car rental start up; Hyundai Capital, with regard to legal and compliance review of its Indian subsidiary; BlueScope Steel Limited (Australia) in its joint venture with TATA Steel Limited; Mitsui (Japan) in its proposed investment in steel manufacturing in India; Merlin Entertainments plc (United Kingdom) in relation to setting up the first Madame TussaudsTM museum in New Delhi; Nippon Paper (Japan) with regard to its acquisition of India’s largest maker of paper beverage cups Plus Paper Foodpac; Toshiba Corporation (Japan) with regard to its investment in an Indian company engaged in water and waste water treatment; Blueair (Sweden) in the acquisition of its Indian subsidiary by Unilever; U-SHIN Ltd (Japan) in its joint venture in India; New Silk Route’s investment in Café Coffee Day Resorts; Kuwait Petroleum (Kuwait) in its proposed investments in Indian petrochemical giants; Brookfield (United Kingdom), Savills (United Kingdom), Haitong Bank (Portugal), L’Occitane (France), Microsoft (USA), Dow Jones (USA), Bosch (Germany) and GE (USA) on various diverse matters including business strategy in India.
KEY RECENT PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS:
- Presentation on ‘Employment Laws of India’ in Tokyo in 2018 before Honda Motors, JETRO and other Japanese MNCs
- Presentation on ‘M&A and Startups – Legal Aspects’ in Jaipur in 2018 in an event organized by KDF
- Co-authored a Book on ‘Interpretation of Contracts’ along with Takahiro Hongo published in English and Japanese language in 2018
- Chapter on ‘Real Estate Laws in India’ in ‘India Unleashed 2017 Legal and Investment Guide’ published by Global Legal Media, UK
- Chapter on ‘India’ in Legal Environment Report of the ‘Belt and Road’ Countries released by All China Lawyers Association and published by Peking University Press in 2017
- Article on “Effective corporate succession is crucial for sustainability of family run-businesses in India” published in Economic Times online edition on 19 December 2017
- Article on “Regulatory Framework and Barriers for the Indian MSME Sector” published in Business World’s SME Whitebook 2017-2018
Anuvac Confab Worldwide Private Limited (Navitas Australia Group entity)